Sunday, January 31, 2010

Luging and a French Birthday Party




Say 'Hi' to snow, luging and a French Birthday!! As I go on these adventures, come and follow me.

Last Saturday, I went to a friend's birthday party for some French fun. I was the second guest to arrive, everyone was talking and laughing about me. It was making me very nervous. We went upstairs to Claire's bedroom to play on her drum kit and see her play. She's really good! Then another friend arrived and we put our presents on the table and played upstairs again. Soon another girl arrived and she put her present on the table then we played 'Just Dance' on the Wii, which was very fun. Soon the other girl had arrived and we were geared up to party! The mum got all the treats ready and we had a feast of biscuits, marshmallows, lolly assortments and of course the birthday cake!

The cake was a foam inside (we didn't eat the inside) and there were toothpicks stuck into the cake with lollies stuck on the toothpicks. It was really pretty. All that and coke and orange juice!! Afterwards, we played a game of Scattergories. You pick a letter and then write for example country, name, object or movie starting with that letter. It was like a normal party!!

On Sunday we went luging (tobogganing) on Mt Ventoux with our friends, Elisa and Raphael, which was fantastic!! We drove all the way up the mountain and looked at the beautiful landscape. We stopped at a lookout on the way. We drove to Chalet Liotard for a first class toboggan track out the front!! Veeerrrry impressive! Soon, we were straight into it. We whooped and screamed all day going down the slope and then having to walk up, (the skiers next to us got a pommel, why not us, hmmm UNFAIR!) After a little bit of tobogganing we went inside to some water and we got some energy from the fire and raced outside to some "faster tobogganing".

The others had said I was too slow :( so I was the 1st one out to beat the boys and I won loads of races then and did NOT use the breaks 1 time!! It was soon lunchtime and I ordered chips and sausages. Lunch was delicious. I ordered another bowl of chips because I was so hungry. I finished that and ate chocolate mouse with whipped cream for dessert. That was heaven.

After everyone had finished lunch we went outside again for more tobogganing. At the end of the day we were exhausted and satisfied with our day so we drove home to a warm shower and a warm bed.

All together it was a wonderful weekend!!
Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment